Free Form Feathers Galore 1
with Inez Drummond
Time: 9:00 to 4:00
Cost: $52.50 (includes GST)
Let loose your creative side and take quilting on your domestic machine to the next level with Free Form Feathers Galore 1. Learn to understand the composition of single line feathers and how to create smooth curves in feathers. Learn how to fit feathers in pieced and appliqué blocks and whole quilt sandwiches. Learn how other free motion and feed dogs up quilting patterns can enhance feathers and add a ton of interest to your quilting. Samples will be available for viewing and picture taking is encouraged. Come and be prepared to have fun and enjoy all that feathers and feather variations can do!
- 1 yd fabric (cut this fabric across WOF so that you have two pieces 14”x WOF. (Set the rest aside)
- 1 spool thread of your choice (I use Aurifil 50/2 - my favourite)
- 1 pc low loft batting slightly larger than 14”x WOF
- Fabric sandwich of muslin or similar fabric to warm up on. At least 14” square.
- Quilting gloves
- Blue washable marking pen
- Ruler, 6”x12” or similar
- Sewing machine in good working order that you are familiar with
- Extension table if you have one
- Basic quilting kit
- All sewing machine feet, especially the free motion/darning foot and standard sewing feet (I use open toe feet which I really like as the needle drop position is clearly visible)