Winter Scene Appliqué
with Inez Drummond
Date: To Be Arranged
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Appliqué a delightful Winter scene using a variety of machine appliqué techniques.
Finished edge using wash away appliqué sheets, and raw edge appliqué will be demonstrated. Feel free to use either technique or both techniques for your project.
Techniques for sewing down your appliqués will include a variety of blanket stitches and zigzag stitches. Several different types of threads will be used for demonstrations and you can choose which look you will use for your appliqué.
Threads will be available for you to try and use in class.
Please bring a few scraps of fabric for trying practise stitches.
The finished tops can be used to create a pillow or wall quilt or table centre piece.
Two patterns will be provided to you. The snowman and a Christmas stocking.
Be prepared to have a fun time!
- 22” x 22” square of background fabric ( a fat quarter can be used; however be aware that your finished pillow will be a bit smaller)
- Various scraps of fabric for appliqué - for the snowman, I used a white that was different from the background, a plaid, black, black dot, two reds and grey.
- If turning edges of appliqué, you will need wash away appliqué sheets
- If doing raw edge appliqué, you will need Steam a Seam Lite
- Thread to match fabric for machine appliqué - I use rayon thread and will have a lot available for you to try -. you can also use invisible, invisifil, or thread of your choice
- Glue such as Elmer’s glue stick and Roxanne’s glue if you have it
- Wash away appliqué sheets
- Apliquick tools are useful
- Ruler for positioning appliqués on background
- Sewing machine, bobbin threads, basic sewing kit, pencil, paper cutting scissor
- Sewing machine extension table is optional
Snowman and Birdhouse, and Stocking